Health Insurance

  • Purchase Health Insurance

    Healthcare in the United States is very expensive. All F and J visa holders need to purchase health insurance for themselves and their dependents in case you have an emergency or need medical care while studying here. Students will be required to submit proof of health insurance coverage (in English) to the Office of International Education during orientation.  Immigration status cannot be validated until this requirement is met. 

    If you do not have insurance, bills can be as high as $5,000 for a simple emergency room visit, or $100 for a regular doctor’s visit. Minimal coverage requirements are listed below—this is what you can look for in an insurance policy. The Office of International Education is not able to advise you or assist you with purchasing health insurance. Please note that even basic health insurance in the United States does not cover all medical benefits like prescriptions or dental or vision.