New Procedures for Food Service Requests

Posted on 1/21/2011 9:03:24 AM

To assist in determining whether or not university funds may be used to provide food/refreshments for a particular event, the Financial Operations Office, the Office of Housing and Residents Life, and ARAMark have collaborated on establishing new procedures for obtaining catering services and meal tickets for your events.

IUP employees recently received notice of guidance released by PASSHE regarding the expenditure of public funds (PASSHE Expenditures of Public Funds, Guidelines, Standards, and Limits). This document can be viewed under “Policies” through the Financial Operations website link below, and can also be viewed here (PDF). Section K of these guidelines specifically addresses the use of public funds for food and refreshments.

Under the new procedures, you have two new forms to assist you in meeting the documentation requirements of the guidelines. One form is “Food/Refreshment Request for IUP funded events” and the other is “Food/Refreshment Request for non-IUP funded events.” These new forms and detailed instructions on how you should use each of these forms to secure the appropriate catering/meal ticket services are available on the Financial Operations website under “Forms.” Please refer to these forms and instructions when arranging your next event.

If you have any questions or concerns about this new process, please direct your inquires to Ruth Houser, director of Accounts Payable, at 724-357-6242, or e-mail