The new home of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences will open in spring 2016 on the site formerly occupied by Thomas Sutton Hall. Constructed in 1903 and 1904, Thomas Sutton Hall was at the heart of campus: It was the place where most students came to eat every day. After its demolition in the late 1970s, some of Thomas Sutton’s stained glass windows found their way into what was then the new Stapleton Library. After several years in storage, still more of the windows are being refurbished for inclusion in the new humanities building. This restoration was made possible by the Class of 2014’s Senior Class Gift project.
Following are some photos of Thomas Sutton Hall from the IUP archives. Click on any image to start the slideshow.
Subscribe by RSS
IT Support Center
Map, Directions,and Parking
scores, & more
Follow IUP on Social Media
More IUP Social Media
© 2007–20 Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1011 South Drive, Indiana, Pa. 15705
Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline
Your campus companion, updated.
Apple and Android devices.