Steps for securing student employment.

  • (Or, “How Can I Get a Job Around Here?”) *

    Federal Work Study

    Confirm if you have a Federal Work Study award prior to beginning employment. Instructions for viewing your FWS are as follows:

    • Log into MyIUP at using your IUP network account (your four-character user ID).
    • Click on the Finances page.
    • In the Financial Aid section, click current next to Award Letters.
    • In the section of the award letter that shows your financial aid eligibility, look for Federal Work Study. Make sure there is a dollar amount listed beside it. If you have any questions about your FWS Award (or any other financial aid awards), please contact the Financial Aid Office in Clark Hall, 724-357-2218. 

    *Please be aware that having a Federal Work Study award does not guarantee that you will obtain an on-campus student employment position. On-campus positions are limited, so you may want to consider checking out the off-campus job postings, as most jobs in that category are within an easy walk or bus ride from campus.

    Student Employment 

    On-Campus Student Employment

    1. Click any job title to view more details. Pay attention to the “Special Instructions to Applicants” section.
    2. To apply, click the green Apply button in the top-right corner.
    3. Follow the steps to “Create an Account” or “Sign In.” Complete/review each section and click the Next button at the bottom of the page. Click the Accept and Submit button to finalize your application. This application will be saved and can be used to apply for other job openings.

    Off-Campus Student Employment
    Find part-time jobs in the Indiana County area.

    Job-Finding Tips

    Beware of Job Scams!