Federal Government and Agencies

  • The US Small Business Administration, Department of Defense, Office of Management and Budget, and General Services Administration have taken steps to simplify the federal contracting process by creating an integrated database of small businesses that want to do business with the government.

    Getting Started: Selling to the US Federal Government

    SAM (System for Award Management) is the new site that has consolidated the information previously found in Central Contractor Registration (CCR), Federal Agency Registration (FedReg), Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA), and Excluded Parties List System (EPLS). SAM will continue to add additional capabilities of other government systems—so it’s essential, as a potential vendor to the government, to follow the following steps below to establish your business as a recognized government contractor.

    1. Obtain a Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) Data Universal Numbering System (D-U-N-S®) number  online or by calling 1-866-705-5711.
    2. Register in the  SAM database.
      1. Remember to wait 48 hours after receiving your D&B D-U-N-S number.
      2. Review the items needed to complete the registration.
      3. Download and review the users guide of the SAM registration process.
      4. Within SAM, complete the SBA Dynamic Small Business profile
      5. Within SAM, complete the Online Representations and Certifications (ORCA)
    3. Create a SBA General Login System profile (request a user ID).
    4. Are you a veteran? Register with VetBiz.

    Federal Programs/Initiatives